So I have been threatened within an inch of my life to update this blog! Things have been very busy around here lately. Avery, Nathan and I have been spending more time trying to visit some of our shut-ins at church and getting to know more people that we worship with. It's amazing how much fun it is! I have also been baking like a fiend. I got a Betty Crocker 70 recipe book in my email and I have been finding any excuse to bake! I'm turning into a regular suzy homemaker!
Check out my gorgeous new flowers! These are courtesy of my wonderful in-laws...just a little gesture to support me in my new venture starting next week. Friday was my last day at the Center. It has been a good 3 1/2 years there and I have learned so much. It was much harder than I anticipated to leave, but things ended very positively. I start with some orientation things next week at St. Joe and we have lots of appointments going on. Then the following week, I start at St. Joe and Windsor. I'm excited and nervous, but really looking forward to spending more time at home with my beautiful Avery.
Look at my sweet girl! Thursday it was 80 degrees out so Avery and I went down to Highland Park and found some swings. She loved it! She just laughed and laughed. We might have stayed out longer, but neither of us had sunscreen on. I can't believe that we needed it! Last weekend, we were still wearing sweatshirts!
Avery is all smiles now. She laughs and smiles all the time! Friday night, her cousins had her laughing constantly. She really finds kids funny, especially her cousins. She also really likes being outdoors. We've been finding every opportunity in good weather to get out and about. She is also enjoying being out for strolls around the neighborhood in her jogging stroller. One of these days, I'm actually going to jog with her in it!
I guess the big deal now is she is sitting up all by herself. She mastered it so quickly! We had kind of been working on it, but then she decided to go for it. She went from being able to sit about 5 minutes to being able to sit and play and reach for toys at her leisure. She sits in highchairs now in restaurants, and in shopping carts in the stores. She likes the view much better!
I got her a little Baby Einstein piano that plays classical music and talks in 3 different languages. It is one of her favorite toys and she is quickly learning how to push the keys to make it work. I hope she follows her momma's footsteps and plays the piano!
My little barefoot baby in her bibs... Nate wants to make sure she stays in touch with her southern roots.
We're moving right along with foods and she is eating stage 2 foods now. This is her prune face, but we probably won't be feeding her prunes anymore because they kind of stir up her little digestive system too much. She liked them though.
This is yucky green bean face. Believe it or not, she actually really likes green beans (and peas too). The only thing she isn't enjoying right now is her rice cereal, but we are going to try oats next week. We finally bought her a highchair tonight because she is starting to figure out how to get out of the Bumbo. That has been so handy though.Well, I have to go change over the laundry, but I am going to try to post some Easter pictures later this week. Have a great holiday and a blessed week!




No comments:
Post a Comment