Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Second Trimester Begins


Today is the official start of my second trimester. I am still continuing to progressively feel better although indigestion and headaches seem to be the worst of it right now. Just knowing that I am 1/3 through my pregnancy is such a huge relief. I have another doctor's appointment on Tuesday, and I should get to hear the heartbeat again. I can't wait since I am finally realizing that there's a baby in there! Nathan is being super cute and starting to touch and kiss and pray more for the baby. My mom and I had a "shopping spree" to the Motherhood Maternity store Saturday. I went in just looking for a maternity swimsuit for our vacation to North Carolina in June and I got a whole bunch more stuff! I mean, I should have a reward for the last 8 weeks of not feeling good, right?

Yesterday and today were the first time that I've seen a lot of my extended family since "THE announcement." It was fun actually talking about it and seeing how excited they were. Today several of them really wanted to touch my belly. It was really funny. It's not like getting chubby because my baby bump is hard. I like to see peoples' faces when it's not what they expect. Maybe my bump is different...who knows?

I am getting jazzed up for the last casual work day that we are going to have at work tomorrow. The NCAA tournament has been a blessing because jeans, tshirts and tennis shoes have been very, very welcome. The chiropractor and massage therapist keep telling me what "a mess" my neck, back and shoulders are. No kidding! I'm pregnant and I work on my feet for 7-10 hours a day and have an hour commute each way. I had the most "painful" massage that I've ever had on Saturday. Her words were "I know you came in for a therapeutic massage, but your body needed deep tissue." Whew! It was intense!

We are just trying to figure out finances now and what all we want to do while we are still both working full time before the baby comes. Lots to figure out and decide.... I'm sure I'll blog about it eventually.

Anyway, thanks for reading and have a blessed week. Enjoy my 13 week belly picture. :)

1 comment:

  1. Looking great! Glad you're getting out of that dreaded first trimester. The second is the best!

    ReplyDelete