Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Third Trimester!

The third trimester is here! While some sources will argue whether it begins at week 27 or 28, it doesn't matter, because I am in it no matter what now! Woo hoo! The second trimester went so super fast. Before we know it, in three short months, little girl will be here!

She is getting bigger all the time. Over the last 11 weeks, she has doubled in size! I can tell because she now spends a lot of her time kicking me in the ribs. I try not to complain too much because I take that as a good sign that she is facing downward and hopefully increasing my chances for natural birth. She could be born now and live outside my body (with assistance) and would be just a little bigger than our hands. My mom told me yesterday that she is predicting her to weigh somewhere in the 5-6 pound range... I'm not sure yet. We'll have to see how my growth goes this trimester. She can gain up to a 1/2 pound a week this trimester.

In mommy news, I go in for my 3 hour glucose test on Tuesday. I was able to get the whole day off because my caseload has been lighter so I can devote my whole day to that. Then back to the doctor next Tuesday to find out the results.

I have now been affectionately been nicknamed "BB" by my family because of my weird obsession with playing with my gradually progressive "outey" bellybutton. It has a little ridge on the top of it that I can't stop messing with! I just wish it would go ahead and pop out or stay in. This in between thing is weird!

We have lots coming up in the next few months:
Aug 1st is our "Prenatal blitz" class, Aug 3rd my work schedule changes, Nathan is taking TWO call weekends in August back to back, our 3rd anniversary is Aug 19th, Aug 22nd is my shower with the ladies at church, Sept 13th is my shower with friends and family in Marion, Sept 16th is my breastfeeding class, Oct1st is the end of teaching bible class, Oct 5th is our ladies' lectureship and then I am due Oct 10/11th! This trimester is gonna fly!

We are looking forward to meeting our little lady soon. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment