So Wednesday morning I woke up about 5am having contractions about 7 minutes apart. I called the doctor's office and they had me come in to get checked. I had progressed to 3cm and 75% effaced. I went back to the doctor Thursday and my cervix hadn't changed any more, but I was still having some moderate contractions. I think they have lessened up some since then, but I do continue to have some contractions. The doctor said that I am in kind of a "latent early labor" and it is just a matter of a few hours or days before I would go into active labor. She said that she is pretty sure that I won't be pregnant by my appointment next Thursday. Sounds hopeful!
They want me to watch out for my water to break, but said that the baby's head is really bearing down on my cervix so I probably wouldn't notice a huge "gush" if it does break. With the baby's head where it is and me still having contractions, it could be any time. I'm hoping she will just hold out maybe one more day (at least) until my parents are back in town. Nathan's parents got here yesterday evening and are anxiously awaiting any changes.
The doctor told me to go ahead and "tie up loose ends" at work, so I went in yesterday and chatted with the therapist covering my leave and finished up some paperwork. I guess I am officially done working until after my maternity leave is up.
I feel so much pressure now that some of this has started...like I should go into labor just to make it all real. I don't think that they thought I was in false labor because I had too many symptoms consistent with real labor, but that I was just in that early latent labor. I am kind of struggling with being patient for all this to happen, and still trying to rest so things don't happen prematurely. I am so excited and nervous that I can hardly stand it! I really can't wait to see her little face and touch her fingers and toes. Should be any day now!
Friday, September 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment