As you can see by my 20 week picture, although I'm not "huge", baby and I have been growing! This week, she is about the length of a cantaloupe (6.5 inches). This week's interesting fact is that she is busy starting to make meconium (black, tarry, nasty poopy) which she will have in her first little diaper for daddy to change! :) I am enjoying rubbing this one in for Nathan! Last night we were at a friend's house and I was changing her son. As soon as Nathan saw that there was a little #2 in the diaper, out of the room he went! We are gonna have to work on this!The past week has been wonderfully exciting since we have found out that baby is a girl. It's nice to be able to refer to her as a "she" because it helps give her some identity and makes it feel all the more real for us. Both sides of the family are super excited too.
She has been moving A LOT! Sometimes it just feels like she's rolling around in there and then sometimes she is full on kicking and punching. Nathan was able to feel her for the first time on Tuesday which was a wonderful treat for him.
I have bought a few cute little girl things for her which is so much fun! I have to try to show some restraint or I'll buy out the store! My friend Stephanie's littlest girl was born in October so she already gave me a bunch of the clothes that she wore in her first year. There are so many cute wintery things that I can't wait for her to wear!
Glad to have a 3 day weekend so we can get some rest and have some fun. It'll be busy at work the rest of the week, but so worth it. Have a good Memorial Day!




Adorable 20 week belly. Isn't if fun when she starts to kick? Just wait... her little limbs just get stronger and longer from here.
ReplyDelete