Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Let there be furniture

So it has been a fun and relaxing weekend with "Gram and Pop" Seago in town for the last several days. I know baby girl has enjoyed them being here and has been putting on a gymnastics spectacular in my belly because she has been so excited. It seems like I'm growing more and more over the weekends, although certain outfits tend to flatter me and make me look more pregnant.
Today at church my two favorite comments were "We can finally tell you are pregnant" and "You look so cute pregnant." I guess there was some excitement for me in both comments. Random strangers are now asking me when I'm due and how I'm feeling which has been fun for me.
The only bad thing about another holiday weekend is I am EXHAUSTED. We had a weird schedule last week at work and by Thursday night, I was useless. I have barely lifted a finger to cook one single time except for a couple side dishes for Saturday's cookout. I have really got to watch my salt intake more closely because of my swelling (which wasn't bad because I was able to rest more over the weekend...hallelujah!) and my sugar (this week anyway) because my blood glucose test is coming up on Thursday. My schedule is all nuts again at work this week so I'm sure I won't be able to tell Tuesday from Thursday again.
In super fun news, Daddy and Pop got the baby crib assembled this weekend. It was very exciting and I can't stop going in her room to look at it!
My mom is working on this quilt for her bed (it's not done yet) but she brought it over to help me with my "inspiration."
The finished product looks wonderful. It has a drawer underneath, a changing table (converts into a shelf), 4 built in shelves and a laundry basket that pulls out. It also converts into a daybed, toddler bed and full size bed as she gets older. We will probably have to buy another bed of some sort once we have a second baby, but this has lots of options! I love it!

In other big news, in 2 weeks I will officially be in my THIRD TRIMESTER! Wow, has time flown (in retrospect)! August 1st, Nathan and I have our "prenatal blitz" all-day class at the hospital and August 3rd, I officially go down to a 3 day a week work schedule. I'm looking forward to getting some more rest and having more time to pace myself getting things done around the house before baby comes. I have a shower in August and one in September and before we know it, she'll be here! I'm getting more and more excited every day!

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete