Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 2, 2009

30 weeks- 3/4 of the way there!

I know this picture overall makes me look bigger because my dress is very loose, but she is definitely a growing girl! My little squash is now consistently kicking me in the ribs and giving me nausea/indigestion because of her pressure on my organs. All 5 of her senses are now developed and her activity/sleep cycles are becoming more regular.

This week I begin my official 3 day work week! After last week, my body was definitely telling me that it needs more rest. I had a lot of fatigue, back pain and swelling last week. On Thursday I was working with a patient and she kicked me so hard that it almost brought tears to my eyes. I am really looking forward to a little more rest, but also getting some nesting done around the house.

In good news, I did pass my 3 hour glucose test so I am NOT diabetic. That was wonderful news! I have been taking my iron pills, but it has been a challenge with the scheduling of them because of the food waiting period and antacid taking. My nausea has made antacids almost a must again.

Saturday, Nathan and I went to our "Prenatal Blitz" at the hospital. It wasn't overly informative above what I've been reading already, but it was nice to know a lot of what the hospital does specifically. It also has made labor seem much more real to me and I'm starting to get nervous about what it will be like. But the thoughts of finally meeting our little one are also very exciting!

We also had some family/friends over to play cards on Saturday. It will probably be the last bit of entertaining that we really do at our house until after the baby is here. It's just amazing how fast time flies!

Anyway, it is time for my piano student to arrive so I must close this post. Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment