Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Wonderful Baby Shower with the Church Ladies

Two of my good friends from church, Stephanie and Sarah, organized a baby shower for me on Saturday with the ladies from church. It was wonderful! There was probably 25-30 ladies there and my mom got to come and enjoy it with me.
My cousin Brenda made my shower cake. It was so adorable and very delicious! She just makes cakes for fun, but she is very naturally talented!
Sarah made a cute diaper cake... which is very practical since I get to keep and use all the diapers!
They had Sarah's house all decorated up in Classic Pooh with little animals and books everywhere. The whole place was so cute! We got A LOT of really nice gifts including: lots of clothes, burp rags, blankies, toys, socks, hats, books, toiletries and a Classic Pooh pack 'n play. Everyone was so sweet and generous!
Here is my 33 week picture. Seems like I have really grown in the past week. I am starting to have a really hard time sleeping through the night. We are trying a few things to make the bed more comfortable and sometimes I have to take a Benadryl to get sleepy enough. I feel like I wake up like a zombie! The iron pills have been pretty rough on my system too. Lately, I've also been having quite a bit of nausea, sometimes quite severe. During the day Tums seem to help, but the nighttime nausea is only relieved by sleep (if I can get any). She is really getting up in my ribs now, and they are starting to twist and turn every which way, giving me quite a bit of pain sometimes. I had a massage on Saturday and it was the most relaxed and restful I have felt in the last few weeks. The weather has been cooler over the weekend, which has been a nice reprieve. I have another doctor's appointment on Tuesday, so hopefully everything is going well!

Please send up some extra prayers this week for me and the baby to stay healthy and safe as the end approaches. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment