Avery enjoys her first time in the Sleepy Wrap.
Avery and mommy enjoy going for a walk with the Sleepy Wrap. She was as quiet as a mouse!
My hilarious cross-eyed little girl!
Avery and cousin Ethan (3 months older).
Trying to smile in her sleep. Nathan would say that angels are talking to her right now.Avery let me sleep for 3 uninterrupted hours last night...twice! What a difference in the way I feel during the day. AND...right now, she is sleeping without me. She is in her carseat napping, but she isn't attached to my chest at the moment. Usually when I put her down, especially in her bassinet, she wakes right up and even if it has only been 30 minutes since she ate, she wants to eat again. This is wonderful!
I changed pediatricians today. I called to make her 2 month appointment and went ahead and changed her to the doctor we saw in the hospital. We were so much more impressed and really felt like he was on our side. I just have never quite felt settled with the doctor we started seeing, so hopefully this will be a better move. Unfortunately, if it doesn't work well (which I don't forsee), we can't change to anyone else in that practice and we would have to go elsewhere. Here's hoping!
Tomorrow, I am taking Avery to WIC and the lactation consultant is going to weigh her for me and work a little bit with us on nursing. People think the baby comes out and you just throw them on the boob, but it is SO not like that. Things are getting better though, but no signs of any schedule yet, except eating every 2-2 1/2 hours. The lactation consultant said that she would just weigh her to keep my mind at ease since the doctor decided to make such a big deal about Avery's "weight problem" (which I don't think exists). But at least this way, I'll know for sure she is gaining weight.
Overall, it has been a good week and I can't believe how fast time is going. Enjoy the new pictures!




Yay for the pedi change! Hopefully it will be a worthwhile decision. Breastfeeding definitely does not come as naturally as one would hope! Drew wasn't able to latch/nurse without a shield until he was 3 months old! Add in oversupply issues and multiple plugged ducts and it just makes it hard! Hang in there though! After those first 8 weeks (which seem like an eternity!), the worst part is over! And soon, it's like second nature! You'll be able to do lots of things one handedly! ;)
ReplyDelete