Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Weight gain and weight loss

So, there's been some weight loss, but fortunately...it's ME, not Avery! Today I actually squeeze gracefully back into a pair of pre-prego jeans and couldn't believe they fit. We went to see Nathan's coworkers today and they couldn't believe I even wanted to wear jeans yet (but as I type, I am back in my comfy pants).

I took Avery back to the doctor to be weighed again this morning. She has gained 2 oz back (but they misrecorded her weight from the other day...but that's a whole other story to vent about). The doctor wanted me to feed her 30cc of formula to supplement and try to continue to boost her weight. I said, "Um, no...I don't want formula." She said I could pump and give her extra breastmilk by syringe every 3 hours then. She just wants to make sure Avery is getting full.

I guess my Aunt (who works on the pediatric floor of the hospital in Marion) talked to my former pediatrician the other day and told her our story. She said she would not be concerned at all, as breastfed babies do tend to lose weight. She isn't lethargic, she seems full and content, she has good color, etc... so why are we so worried about my 9 day old losing a couple of ounces that are acceptable? In the hospital, the doctor said she only lost 5% of her birth weight and they were okay with her losing up to 10%. I really feel like we are okay here, and I'm confident everything will work out. I've been saying lots of prayers for my little one and I am sure God is looking over her.

Anyway, I am going to snag a quick bite to eat while Avery is sleeping. Keep us in your prayers...that Avery will STAY healthy and I will keep my sanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment