In labor and exhausted already! We were at the hospital about 6:20am, and labor picked up about 9am. At 1pm, the doctor came in and broke my water and it was downhill from there! Within 20 minutes, I was having contractions 2 minutes apart and a lot more painful. By 3:30, I needed my epidural because my contractions were coming one on top of the other with very little break and I was still only about 4 cm dilated. After my epidural, within 10 minutes, I was feeling much better. It was a wonderful decision to have one! I was absolutely petrified having it and cried all the way through it, but thank goodness for it! I dilated quickly to 6cm, and by 4:30 I started feeling a lot of pelvic pressure. Sure enough, I had dilated to 10cm already and was just about ready to push. I could barely control my left leg, which made for some funny moments ( I could still move my legs with the epidural). I pushed about 40 minutes off and on, and then she was here! I had some tearing, but didn't know it (yet) and I got to hear the sweetest little cry on the whole earth.
Little miss Avery was born! She was very happy and alert for several hours and was a super pro at nursing. She loved meeting her grandmas and grandpas and her Uncle Jared. Nathan and I both started crying at this beautiful little miracle. I can't believe she is here!
My little stretcher! No wonder I felt her stretching all the time in the belly..she loves it! She was happy to get out of that cramped space. Look at all her black hair and blue eyes!
Mommy and daddy are so excited for their new little one. This picture was probably 30 minutes after giving birth. I was feeling pretty great!

Mommy and daddy get to take Avery home! A new family of three. (Man, we were exhausted!)
Avery is home and won't let mommy get any sleep! We were up from 12a-6a. She wanted to nurse constantly, but mommy doesn't have the good milk in yet. She gets very frustrated sometimes and has this super, high-pitched scream that she does that just breaks mommy's heart.
She has daddy wrapped around her little finger already. As we speak, they are napping together. Praise the Lord for Nathan, he took her about 8:30 this morning and let me sleep for 3 hours. He is so willing and helpful. He is a wonderful daddy and he loves his little girl.We are expecting some more family over in a few minutes, but Avery wanted everyone to know she is here and can't wait to meet everyone soon.




Great story! Glad you had a good delivery! Avery is so beautiful, and I love the name choice. Can't wait to see you guys and little Miss Priss!
ReplyDelete